compensation: $35,000 per year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Position: Brake Press Operator
Salary: $35,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Quantum is urgently seeking an experienced Press Brake Operator for our prestigious Ottawa-based client. Apply now!
Reporting to the Fabrication Supervisor the Brake Operator will produce parts for lifesaving Armor and Defence applications.
- Review work instructions, procedures, and checklists and ensure materials and equipment needed for production are ready and the work area is prepared
- Read, understand and follow drawings, specifications, blueprints and, assembly instructions
- Operate brake to quality standards and guidelines
- Perform visual inspections to consistently meet all quality specifications and standards in production
- Meet all production schedules and deadlines
- Operate machinery and use tools safely, by wearing and using appropriate safety equipment
- Maintain equipment and keep maintenance records
- Work with the supervisor to resolve any technical, productivity, safety, or schedule problems
- Perform physically demanding tasks, including heavy lifting
- Perform general shop duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Completion of high school diploma
- 1 year of working experience on brakes - required
- Math skills - essential
- Knowledge of computer software
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent work ethic and proven dependability
- Outstanding enthusiasm and motivation
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of performing in a high-volume production facility
If you are available to start right away, please send your resume in Word format to Jason Keats at show contact info
, or come and see us at our office, Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 275 Slater Street, suite 500 in Ottawa.
YOUR TALENT. OUR BUSINESS.
If you recommend a friend or colleague, you may be eligible for a referral bonus.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers